Sunday, October 26, 2008

It's All Fun and Games Until Someone Gets Hurt

     Now for the Ugly from Friday. So, as the picture indicates, Dominick and Nicholas were having a blast playing together on the blankets. I took this picture, and then turned around the get the Flip to record their fun (by the way, the Flip is the COOLEST thing ever!), and in those few seconds, Dom turned Nix from his tummy onto his back, and as a result, Nix's right arm was pinned underneath him in a funny way. Then the screaming began- Nix in pain, me yelling at Dominick, questioning him about what he did. I picked Nix up immediately, and righted his arm. He continued screaming in pain, with his arm limp. I freaked out, and called Roman. I put Nix in the pack and play, and saw that he wasn't moving his right arm. I picked it up, and it fell lifeless; I compared it to the left arm ,which was waving around just fine. So, I called the doctor's office, and they had me check to make sure his shoulder was in place. Thankfully it was, but they said just to be safe I should bring him in (side note: this is how fabulous Kaiser in Georgia is- you can actually get an appointment within a half hour, and they actually want to see your child). 
    We rushed to Dunwoody office, and Roman met us there. Of course, by the time we got there, the screaming had stopped and Nix was moving his arm again. We saw the doctor, who did some tests, and said he was fine. He figures either something popped out and then popped back in, or it just really hurt him for awhile. It was a good thing we went, because if we hadn't, you know it would have been broken or something. The trip wasn't a total waste though; Dom, Roman and I got our flu shots. Roman took Dom to the flu shot station while the doctor checked out Nix. The story goes that the when the nurse put the needle into Dom's thigh, both she and Roman underestimated Dom's strength; he pulled that needle out before the nurse could inject the vaccine. I mean, who is he, the Hulk? Needless to say, on the second try the nurse had Roman hold Dom down so she could administer the shot. 
  It was bound to happen that there would be tears when Nix and Dom play together. I am glad the first time is out of the way, and no serious damage occurred. They both have such a good time, I don't want to spoil it by worrying.   Anyways, later on today, I will blog about the Halloween themed birthday party we attended yesterday. Hopefully, we will post some video from the Flip!

1 comment:

JZ said...

Oh my goodness!!! His arm wasn’t moving?!?! I would have flipped out!!

Good to hear all is well- can’t wait to see the boys in their Halloween costumes!