Mondays aren't usually the best days for us, what with Dominick coming down off his Daddy-home-for-the-whole-weekend high and blaming me for his absence Monday mornings. But today went really well. We did an art project for Daddy, went on a big walk where we talked with some of our neighbors, and Marisa came over! Marisa is the Georgia Tech student who comes to watch Dom every Monday while I run some errands with Nicholas. Dom is smitten with Marisa, so her coming to play was a real treat. I am working on getting Nix on a better schedule, so I can leave him with her as well, and get some real Mommy time!
Later in the afternoon, we hung out in the cul de sac with some of my friends and their kids, or as we call it "getting through the day till Daddy comes home". We are so lucky to live in the neighborhood we live in. We have made great friends who have helped make our lives as new parents so much easier. Dominick had a great time playing with Cammie, Kinley, James and Anika, while Nix and Maya demonstrated their lung capacity as they lamented their lack of napping for the day. With their permission, I will post pics of all our friends soon, so everyone in Cali will know who we are talking about!!
Dom and Nix on the couch. Dom was all excited to take the pictures, Nix not so much.
I think you can actually see the fear in his eyes...
Dominick's finished picture for Daddy.
Nicholas in his pack and play.
I just wanted to post a picture of Dom's latest crafts from school. They are for Rosh hashanah. I am always so excited when he brings projects home!

No comments:
Post a Comment